Maya Moore truly resides in a league of her own, regardless of gender. “There’s levels to this -ish” when it comes to winning, and Moore has won on every level. Listing her accomplishments is a daunting task so lets have some fun and put her wins in perspective:
- Moore has won national championships in high school, college and professional US leagues (Bill Russell, Kareem, Magic share this company).
- She’s won (4) WNBA, (3) WCBA (Chinese) and (2) NCAA championships.
- FIBA, Euro League & Olympic… gold, gold and guess what? Gold!
- She didn’t just win these tournaments/ leagues, she won MVP… in ALL of them.
Her individual numbers are too great to count; Maya has just made some All-Stars, won scoring titles, copious amounts of MVP goodness. In retrospect it’s borderline sacrilegious to have forgotten her in our NCAA GOATs series. She doesn’t get the respect (along with the WNBA) of her male contemporaries but when comparing ‘apples to apples’, Maya delivers on every level.
If one person on Earth enjoys a winner then it’s Michael Jordan. He’s been outfitting Moore in some of the best PE’s of any Jordan Brand athlete. We could do an entire segment on her shoe game at UConn but we’ll save that for another day. In anticipation of her contribution to Nike’s Art Of A Champion pack that we’ve been covering all week, lets take a look at some of our favorite Maya Moore Jordan release (and exclusives) along with a detailed look at her Jordan XI Low Rook To Queen.
8. Super Fly 2 PE, 2014
7. Team USA PE, 2016
6. Air Jordan XI Retro PE, 2013
The grand(mamma) of them all.
5. Air Jordan X Retro, 2016
4. Air Jordan XXX1 PE Red Velvet, 2016
3. Air Jordan XX8 PE’s, 2012 – 2013
1. Air Jordan XI Low Rook To Queen, 2018
Jordan/ Nike’s including Maya for all the reasons we listed above. This pair actually directly references her 2011 WNBA Championship victory. Like Magic, she won the ‘chip during her rookie campaign. Maya took the Minnesota Lynx from chumps to champions in a way modern NBA players never will. The upper features a suede material similar to what we’ve seen in leak images of the Prom Night Air Jordan XI’s. The biggest draws are the bright pink outsole and pink cracked texture mudguard. Continuing with the pack’s theme, Maya’s shoe’s feature the year 2011 on the laces celebrating the year of her first championship.